August 3, 2022

We have a dilemma

EDIT: Dilemma is fully resolved thanks to few absolutely crazy members of our community. So don't mind this post.

Next update is just around the corner, and we're almost ready to release it for you to enjoy, but...

As you probably know, we're going to move out of Ukraine in a short while, probably already next week, and moving, as you might know, is costy as hell. Just the bill to transfer our desktops, few bags with clothes and other belongings - it's already over $2000. Then, we need bus tickets from here, then we need to pay for a pet-friendly hotel to stay during transfer, food, etc. And that's just moving! So yea, even though we not just happy, but literally ecstatic about the fact that we can finally get out of warzone, it's not gonna be cheap for us.

That's why we have said dilemma:

We don't want to ask you for money, because you, people, been supporting us for so long, even while we haven't released anything for MONTHS! It's just plain wrong, we can't ask for anything more. And we know, some of you gonna read these few sentences and think that it's a signal for you to do the opposite and pledge, but no, don't. And I mean it.

Instead we wanted to do what we usually avoid, and release update for $20 and $10 tiers separately. Commander tier will get early access this time, but only for this one update.

But at the same time, we simply don't want to do it. You've been waiting for so long, and making all other tiers wait even longer feels scammy to say the least. We can't make this decision ourselves.

So that's why we wanted to ask your opinion on the matter. Would you be okay with it? Be honest, we perfectly understand the situation right now and we don't want to lose your trust over something like this.

Comments (19)

m
madlad · August 3, 2022

In any other situation I’d have a problem with this, but this is a very unique situation here. A literal matter of life or death. Do whatever you need to do to get the money you need to survive!

M
Miguel Arriola · August 3, 2022

Go for it, not a big deal.

D
Dahns Avaexi · August 3, 2022

Not gonna lie, I'm not a fan If you release for $20, then a week alter it's for $10, then $5 then $2 and finally public. Some people will wait more than a MONTH. It just won't happen, people will pirate I don't mind raising my pledge to $10 to help you guys out, like I did when the war broke out, but $20 ? Ouch. Personally I'd go with the usual planning and would slide in some bonus for the $10 tiers for this update. It could be something useless but shiny. Add a variable "helped out that one time" and from now on, a few key character changes their greetings sentence. McCree says something like "I owe you for last time my man". Your "save" will have some kind of token value. Could also use permanent data Or even simpler, add a Ukraine flag in the MC inventory with the description "Thx for helping out, Officer" (Or any rank you'd like) If you hold the release for a week, people will get impatient and will want to "see what's up" If you propose a small collectible token, not only it can encourage people to buy the tier, they won't be tempted to find other way to earn it. Because they would want to earn it It isn't exclusive from what's you are proposing, you can just give the small bonus to the commandant to push people to buy the tier. I just prefer this version

Y
Young & Naughty · August 3, 2022

Thank you for your honest opinion. Thanks to our community, this problem is now resolved and we probably will make update public sooner than usual as a way of showing our gratitude. We will also consider adding some extra in-game rewards for higher tiers as a way of thanking them for helping us so much. Again, thank you for giving a great and well-written opinion.

N
Nyan · August 3, 2022

An alternative (or option to help you guys out) is doing y&n commissions again? Maybe this time have Young take writing comms?

M
Maestro · August 3, 2022

Go for it!!

W
Wolverine95 · August 3, 2022

I think you'll get more money more quickly with a gofundme, and it might not rub people the wrong way.

Y
Young & Naughty · August 3, 2022

Gofundme is not available in Ukraine :(

R
Rasmus Vilsgaard · August 3, 2022

Your personal welfare and safety is more important then me getting off. Do what you guys need to do.

D
Drakeulous · August 3, 2022

This sounds reasonable after all the 20 tier is paying double. earlier access is what I would expect from most projects. Not like you can't reverse the decision later any way. Doesn't affect me anyway because I'm only 7 tier.

S
Soda F · August 3, 2022

Go for it! Would be happy to help.

G
GoatMother · August 3, 2022

Do it for dale bud, full send it.

V
Vessel · August 3, 2022

Sounds fine to me, you guys go get safe and we'll help as best we can :)

N
Nicolas HENRY · August 3, 2022

The Situation is quite complicated but your safety is the most important thing above all. We already wait for you because we love your work and we support you for this among others reasons so do it ! ;)

A
Axolotish · August 3, 2022

Totally understandable, you go guys, we support you. It's been a while since the game became a second priority for most of us, your safety being the first. Do what you have to do, It's alright, we get it ❤️

u
uhhhhhhhh · August 3, 2022

Fine by me

B
Bryce · August 3, 2022

Your safety comes first and it's excellent news that you're finally free to leave. I wouldn't care if you used funds from the project to assist in your leave, and I'm sure many others here wouldn't either. All that matters is that you guys get out of there safely, a meming overwatch porngame can wait.

T
TheLilNyce · August 3, 2022

Personally, I don’t mind. I’m happy to help out. I would think perhaps a go fund me might be less complicated but I don’t know how this kind of thing is setup. Just do what you think is tight and let us know how we can help.

g
gliph13 · August 3, 2022

Fine with me.